- 1 32oz package frozen hash browns
- 1 16oz package jimmy dean sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we do sharp, but your preference)
- 1 16oz sour cream
- 2 10.75oz cans cream of potato soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cotija cheese, grated VERY fine
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- Combine everything but the cotija in a LARGE bowl. Once everything is combined, spoon into the prepared baking dish and add the cotija on top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- There’s no eggs in this, but we fried up a couple on the side to go with and it was delicious!
- We served with watermelon for a complete meal, but any fruit would be good. I do suggest serving with a fruit on the side, the casserole is quite heavy.
- The best way to grate the cotija is with a box grater on the tiny little pinholes. It’s going to crumble very easily but try and grate most of it to get it as small as possible.
- I would definitely allow it to cool before eating, as it will be VERY hot.
- Since this is all packaged food there isn’t really a need to weigh it out unless you want/need specific calories, and even then all you’d need to weigh are the cheeses.