- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 28 large (2.5 inch diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir the breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
- Drizzle a large heavy baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheets, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Papa Bear made these as an appetizer on Mother’s Day and they were AMAZING.